Eyes As a Mirror of the Soul18-06-2019 9:00 PM / Posted in Health by Sericin+
The skin around your eyes is essentially the same as the skin on the rest of your body, yet it has some very distinct differences. Because of this uniqueness, this delicate area requires some extra time when it comes to daily care. Also, that area is one part of your body that can show the earliest signs of premature aging, particularly without proper care.
But have you ever wondered why?
First, the skin around your eyes is thinner and more delicate than the skin on other parts of your body. And because your eyes work a lot throughout the day, from blinking to expressing your emotions, this alone can cause premature aging.
Common eye area issues
- dark circles
- fine lines
- puffiness (including eye bags)
Why dark circles under eyes appear?
Genetics are the biggest culprit. If you inherit fair or thin skin under the eyes, it’s more obvious when blood pools there (often because of slower circulation from lack of sleep). This accumulation causes fragile capillaries to stretch and leak.
Age is another factor. Over time, skin loses collagen and thins, so veins show through more prominently. Sunbathing speeds up this process by breaking down collagen and mottling skin color.
Seasonal allergies are to blame for many people.
To determine why your circles happen, gently stretch the skin under your eyes. If that area becomes darker, the circles are probably due to genetics or aging. If the color doesn’t change, UV rays or allergies are probably the cause.
No matter how old you are, it’s never too early or too late to give your eyes the love they deserve.
Follow these steps towards keeping your eyes the beautiful focus of attention they deserve to be:
- Use sun protection all year. Your eye area is extra susceptible to sun damage all year, so wear your sunglasses whenever you’re outside. Zinc oxide sunscreens generally don’t irritate the eyes. So, use sunglasses and sunscreen whenever you can.
- Always remove all makeup before bed.
- Moisturizing your skin is one of those underrated steps that often falls by the wayside but shouldn’t. Imagine our skin as a grape. When it loses water, it starts to shrink, and wrinkles can appear. But once you put that water back in, it can help plump up and potentially reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles. The same applies for our eye area. Using Sericin+ Reviving Eye Cream is formulated specifically to deliver immediate, visible results to the delicate skin around the eyes. This high-end set is comprised of Reviving Eye Cream and Serum. The Reviving Eye Cream and Serum are enriched with Silk Protein Sericin – known for its hydrating, moisturizing, and age-defying properties. These products are for all skin types and are designed to seal in moisture in the sensitive eye area and improve skin’s firmness, texture, and elasticity.
- Keep rubbing to a minimum. Rubbing can lead to the formation of wrinkles and fine lines, or can make existing signs of aging worse. Be gentle as you’re cleansing and applying your serum and moisturizer.
Tips and tricks: When you remove your makeup
- Apply your favorite eye makeup remover to a cotton pad.
- Press the pad gently onto your skin.
- Slowly drag it in an outward motion.
- Repeat until your makeup is fully removed.
When you apply your products
- Apply your product to your pinky finger.
- Dab your products around the eyes, circling your eye area.
- Don’t forget the upper eyelid.
- Repeat until the product is fully absorbed into the skin.
- Moisturizing cream are better than scrubs and peels- It’s better not to use scrubs and peels in this area. These methods are great for clearing skin, but the skin around the eyes is really thin and quickly loses elasticity. Sericin+ Intensive Eye-Lift Micro Cream, in an exclusive syringe for a controlled dosage over targeted areas, is based on a powerful, age-defying, formula to perfect and protect the delicate skin around the eyes while reducing visible signs of premature aging. Directions: Shake well. Over clean, slightly damp face, tap a very small amount of cream over areas of concern, until fully absorbed. Do Not Rub. Stay motionless for 2-5 minutes until dry. You will feel your skin stretching. A white layer indicates you have over applied and to be removed with a slightly wet cotton ball. Re-apply syringe cap between applications. To perfect results follow with our Reviving Eye Serum.
- Treat yourself to a massage- Based on the theory of lymph drainage for eye bags, here’s what you can do for your eyes:
*Using gentle tapping motions with your index and middle fingers (no tugging or dragging), tap out a circle around your eyes. Tapping brings blood flow to the area.
*Go outward along your eyebrows, then inward along the top of your cheekbones toward the bridge of your nose. Circle your eyes three times.
*Then with your middle fingers, press firmly upward at the pressure points just under the brow bone on either side of your nose where your brows should start.
*Then press firmly inward toward your nose, above the bridge, next to your tear ducts.
*Massage your temples with your index and middle fingers to finish.
The great thing about this tapping massage is that you can do it at any time of the day without messing up your makeup too much. Make sure you don’t drag your fingers along the delicate skin near your eyes to avoid damaging it.
For an extra relaxing experience, do this with some cold eye cream.